Top 10 Signs You Suffer from LBA*
by Peter Zack
- Your Ebay search folder is maxed out at 100 searches and you just found a new ‘must have’ lens to search for. You don’t know what other ‘must have’ lens search you will delete to save the new one.
- On your favourite forum, six of you are debating the bokeh smoothness of the three 28mm lenses currently available. The debate lasts for 14 pages over 6 days with each of you deciding to just buy all three to test them yourselves.
- You now have more camera bags than you can carry at one time. One for the wide primes, one for the mid primes, one for the….
- You sold your mint condition Vivitar 70-210 Series 1 V3 lens last year and just now bought another one because, 9 weeks ago, you had a perfect opportunity to use only that lens.
- You haven’t taken a macro shot in 12 months but you have the 2 best macro lenses ever built and there’s another one due to be released in 3 weeks, that you have already researched every specification available and preordered at B&H.
- Photozone is your home page.
- Speed dial #1 is B&H, speed dial #2 is Adorama and speed dial #3 is FedEx tracking.
- The guy at the flower shop knows you by name since you are in there about every three weeks to buy another bouquet of apologies.
- You’ve moved closer to the city just to have overnight delivery.
- You see a wonderful photograph and instead of just sitting in awe of the incredible work presented, you want to ask the artist which lens they used to capture the image.
Courtesy of http://whattheduck.net
Let’s hear yours! Go to the contact page and e-mail us your LBA reasons (or just leave a comment to this article).
Cheers and good shooting. – Peter Zack
*LBA: Lens Buyers Addiction (which s often accompanied by GAS- Gear Buyers Syndrome) and the term was coined here.